Tips to Help you Prepare for your Next Camping Trip
Carefully planning your camping trip well in advance of embarking on your journey can help increase your chances of having a fun time. With so much to prepare for when going camping, it is best to get as much preparation out of the way early so you are not running around at the last minute before you have to leave. Using the tips discussed in this article will help you better prepare for your next camping trip and ensure you have everything you need to have the best time possible.
Pack Appropriate Clothes
While this sounds like a common sense tip, many people fail to pack enough clothes for their camping trip. One area where people often make a mistake when backing their bags is when it comes to making sure they have clothes that are appropriate for all types of weather. When people go camping in the summer, they often only think about packing their warm summer clothes. While this is certainly a necessity, it is also a good idea to pack some clothes designed for cooler weather just in case the temperature drops down lower than you expect.
It is not uncommon for rural areas, especially areas near a large body of water, to be cooler than urban areas. If you do not pack appropriately, you may find yourself cold in the evenings and looking for a sweatshirt. To avoid this dilemma, it is best to pack an extra set of warm clothes, even if you think it will be warm the entire time you are camping.
Plan your Meals in Advance
Another tip you will want to keep in mind when planning your next camping trip is to plan all of your meals well in advance of your trip. This will give you ample time to get to the grocery store to buy all of the ingredients you need for your meals before you have to pack up and leave. Once you get into the wilderness, it will not be easy to get additional food for your meals. This is why you need to bring your food with you when you are camping. Creating a list of all of the meals you want to eat while on your trip will make it easy for you complete your shopping before you leave.
Double Check your Camping Gear
Lastly, you will want to make sure you double check all of your camping gear before you leave for your trip to make sure it is in working order. Checking to make sure your tent does not have any holes or rips, all of your cooking utensils are in working order, the flashlights are stocked with new batteries and all of your lamps are full of propane or oil will allow you to make any last minute runs to the store to get the camping essentials you need for your trip.
One of the worst things that can happen when you are camping is getting out into the middle of nowhere only to find out your camping gear is not working properly. By taking care of this before you leave your home, you will ensure you have the best time possible while on your trip.
Carefully planning your camping trip is the only way to ensure you have a terrific time while out in the woods. Packing the appropriate clothes, preparing for your meals in advance and double checking to make sure all of your camping gear is in working order will help prepare you for your upcoming camping trip.
- 01.Parthenon Daily TripThe Parthenon (Parthenonas), one of the world's most famous buildings, represents a high point in ancient Greek architecture. Built around 440 BC, the Parthenon's classical architecture has influenced buildings ever since - and still does today.
- 02.Delphi Day TripVisit Delphi – one of the most important archeological sites in Greek history – on this full-day trip from Athens! You’ll explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town, home to the Temple of Apollo, and stroll around Delphi Archeological Museum. Learn all about Greek mythology and history while seeing fascinating monuments, and visit the pretty town of Arachova on the journey back to Athens.
- 03.Mycenae and Epidaurus Day TripExplore the remains of the ancient city of Mycenae a major centre of Greek civilization from 1600BC to 1100BC and visit the small village of Epidaurus famous in ancient times for being a place of healing.
- 04.Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day TripTake your own postcard-perfect snaps of Cape Sounion's Temple of Poseidon on a scenic afternoon trip from Athens. Cape Sounion is only 45 miles (70 kilometers) from Athens, making it the perfect lazy afternoon destination.
- 05.Hydra, Poros and Egina Day CruiseVisit three gorgeous Greek Islands in one day on an island-hopping cruise from Athens! Visiting the Saronic Islands of Hydra, Poros and Egina, this independent sightseeing tour includes a delicious Greek lunch and hydrofoil boat transfers. Sightsee, shop, swim or join exciting excursions, like a trip to the Temple of Aphaia (own expense), on this must-do day trip from Athens.
- 07.Goulandri Museum of Natural History (kifissia)In this very important museum will have the opportunity to learn a lot about the interdependence of all living beings. The museum exhibits rich collections of insects, mammals, reptiles, birds and shells and rocks and fossils from all over Greece.